Language Learning Blog
As the cosmopolitan heart of the United Arab Emirates, Dubai is among the most modern and tolerant cities in the whole of the Middle East. And yet, despite this accolade, rarely a month goes by without an ignorant Western tourist landing themselves in the proverbial for committing some cultural faux pas – whether its exchanging saliva with a […]
Imagine relaxing in a romantic desert as you gaze out at nomadic tribes traversing the dunes on the backs of camels. Well, if you long for a little adventure, then Morocco is definitely the place for you. Morocco is steeped in culture, tradition and ancient history. It once served as the Roman seat power in […]
Poet. Philosopher. Scribe. Khalil Gibran was all of these things, and he remains the third best-selling poet in the world throughout all ages of recorded history. He follows Shakespeare and Lao-Tzu, the father of Toaism, in this distinction. He was born in what is now Lebanon and moved to the United States when he was […]
Middle Eastern songs are passionate, beautiful, melodic, lovely and very prolific. Here is a small sampling of some of the thousands of gorgeous tunes: Om Kalthoum- Laylat Al Eid (Oh Night of Eid) A lovely song about the feeling of delight and togetherness:
- A Story of Saint George: The World’s Most Famous Dragon Slayer (and Patron Saint)!
- Calling All Chocolate Lovers: Sink Your Sweet Tooth Into This!
- April Travel Roundup: 10 Things To Do Before April Ends, World’s Most Gorgeous Private Islands & More!
- Can’t Miss Destination Wedding Planning Tips for Brides, Grooms…& Guests!
- Bring on Spring! Unique April Festivals from Around the Globe
- Food & Wine
- Foreign Films
- Foreign Language
- Foreign Literature
- Global Fitness
- Holiday Stories
- Language Expert Interviews
- Language History
- Language Learning
- Travel tips