Language Learning Blog
March Travel Roundup: National Geographic’s Far-Flung Locations, Scariest Places to Land a Plane + More!
Top Travel Links – March 2014 by James Harrington | world-words.com Sick of snow and ice? So over Sochi? Then strap in for a whistle-stop tour of the world as we look ahead to what’s hot, happening and other things beginning with “h” in March. READING Is there a better way to start a travel [...]
Inspiration for your wintry vacation! Winter brings out the best in some places. Snow and ice put an ethereal sheen on the landscape, the sky transforms into myriad magical colors and cozy bars and hideaways appear out of the blue, welcoming you in with their toasty atmosphere. If you’re struggling to decide on your 2014 [...]
by James Harrington | world-words.com The holidays are over. The fireworks have dimmed to just a memory…as has the dancing in the street, the eating, the drinking and the making merry. The hangover cure has kicked in and we’re all back to work with a sigh. No wonder everyone’s thoughts have turned to vacation planning. [...]
With Christmas long gone, the Northern Hemisphere now faces what is plausibly the most depressing period of the year. Temperatures are low, precipitation is high, natural light is scarce and Santa ain’t coming back for a while. Whether you’ve got a mild case of the winter blues or are affected with seasonal affective disorder (SAD), [...]
When you’re thinking about taking a winter vacation, your first thought is probably to migrate south, for warmer air and sunnier skies. Your winter vacation doesn’t have to be an escape from the cold. There are several destinations that truly come alive in colder weather, and it would be a shame to overlook them. Here [...]
- March Travel Roundup: National Geographic’s Far-Flung Locations, Scariest Places to Land a Plane + More!
- Plotting the Brainscape: The Easy Guide to How Language Learning Works With Your Brain
- From Stadiums to Stars to Record-Breaking Performances: A Look Back at the Surprises & Upsets from the Sochi 2014 Winter Games
- Perfecting the Art of Language Learning: A Story Told by Pimsleur’s Customer of the Month
- Sochi 2014: How Many of These Olympic Competing Nations Do You Know?
- Food & Wine
- Foreign Films
- Foreign Language
- Foreign Literature
- Global Fitness
- Holiday Stories
- Language Expert Interviews
- Language History
- Language Learning
- Travel tips