Win An iPad! – Language Learning Blog Contest
Update: This contest is now over and we’ve announced the winners on our blog. Keep an eye on the blog for future contests opportunities.
We’d like to announce our first blogging contest to celebrate the launch of our new blog. This contest will give you a chance to win a free iPad and several other great giveaways!
It’s open to anyone with a blog (legal US resident, aged 18 & over), so keep reading to learn more!
Note: We’ve had such a fantastic response, we’re extending our deadline till the 15th of December. Read more below.
Prizes – Win an iPad
- First Prize Winner – Will receive an iPad at a retail value of $499.99.
- Second Prize Winners (9) - Will receive the Gold language learning course of the language of their choice at retail value of $345.00 each.
How to Win
We will review each submitted blog post. First and Second Prize winners will be selected by a panel of judges here at Pimsleur Approach. Winners will be announced here on the blog on or about December 20, 2010.
We will judge entries on quality, appeal, and creativity.
1. Pick a Topic
We’d like to keep topics focused on languages, education, and travel.
Each topic is bolded and followed by suggestions, but you’re not limited to just these ideas.
- Travel – share a story about your trip / travel tips / how language impacted your trip
- Learning a Language – learning language in high school / home schooling your kids / majoring in a foreign language
- Gadgets – favorite language apps / amazing gadgets from japan
- Geek Speak – Klingon / LOTR / C++ / 1337
- Ok..Cupid - foreign language pickup lines
- Media Consumption (Films, Book, and Music) – must see German films / J-pop worth listening to / French Horror films
- Culture Clashes – misunderstandings or other situations coming from cultural differences
- Just Don’t Wanna – hate learning languages? tell us why
- Best Online Tools – translators / study tools
- Funny - mistranslations / funny travel stories
2. Write a Post
Write a post on your blog.
- Write a unique post that you haven’t published elsewhere.
- All entries should be made in the form of a blog post hosted on your site.
- Blog post must be at least 300 words in length.
- Blog post must be relevant to one of the 10 topic areas above.
- Submit your post via email by following the instructions below.
3. Send It To Us
We’ll be accepting entries until December 15th.
Send an email to email@example.com with your contest information.
- Include “Blog Contest” in title
- Include link to your blog post
- Include your name
We’ll review your entry and announce the winner here on December 20th!
The Legal Stuff
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The Pimsleur Approach Blog Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all legal United States residents 18 years of age and older and who have a valid blog and e-mail account. Employees of Internet Order LLC and each of their respective affiliated companies or agents and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible. Internet Order LLC is not responsible for transmission failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winners must be in compliance with all contest rules. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Method of Entry. The Blog Contest begins on November 5, 2010 at 9:00 AM EDT and all entries must be received via online entry at www.pimsleurapproach.com/blog by 5:00 PM EDT on December 15th, 2010. Each entry must include the entrant’s name, blog URL, valid mailing address and valid email address along with entry. The entry must be relevant to any one of the following topics:
I. Travel – share a story about your trip / travel tips / how language impacted your trip
II. Learning a Language – learning language in high school / home schooling your kids / majoring in a foreign language
III. Gadgets – favorite language apps / amazing gadgets from japan
IV. Geek Speak – Klingon / LOTR / C++ / 1337
V. Ok..Cupid – foreign language pickup lines
VI. Media Consumption (Films, Book, and Music) – must see German films / J-pop worth listening to
VII. Culture Clashes – misunderstandings or other situations coming from cultural differences
VIII. Just Don’t Wanna – hate learning languages? tell us why
IX. Best Online Tools – translators / study tools
X. Funny – mistranslations / funny travel stories
No photographs or entries will be accepted by regular US mail. All submissions and Entries must be original, unpublished works composed by the entrant(s). All Entries must be free of any language copied from other published sources. By submitting entries with photographs, entrant(s) confirm that they have obtained all necessary releases for any identifiable individuals depicted in the photographs and that entrant(s) own all copyrights to any photographs provided. Releases for photographed subjects should be scanned and emailed to Pimsleur Approach at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entrant(s) hereby grants Internet Order, LLC and its affiliates a perpetual and unrestricted license to use any materials, writings, photographs for whatever purposes Internet Order, LLC or its affiliates choose.
The blog submitted as an entry to this contest must be at least 300 words in length and no more than 1500 words. The Text must be relevant to one of the 10 topic areas above. Entrants may submit multiple entries, however, an individual entrant will only be eligible to be awarded one winning prize.
4. Prizes. The prize package is as follows:
• The First Prize winner will receive an iPad at a retail value of $499.99
• (9) Second Prize winners will receive the Gold course of the language of their choice at a retail value of $345.00 each.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified via email on or about December 20th, 2010. There shall be no prize substitutions and all prizes are non-transferable. The Contest winners will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes, if applicable, as well as all other costs associated with claiming the prize.
7. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrants and their affiliated organization hereby agree that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action. Any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and associated with entering the Contest, if any. Entrant hereby specifically waives the right to claim that any attorney’s fees be awarded and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, any and all punitive, incidental or consequential damages of any kind and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Entrant hereby waives any statutory, common law or other legal rights to make any claims for any amounts outside of actual out-of-pocket costs in entering this Contest and Entrant agrees to limit its out-of-pocket costs in entering this Contest to fifty dollars (US $50.00).
8. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and their affiliated organization and Internet Order LLC, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of laws rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania. In the event that any provision herein is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein and the provisions deemed unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction shall be blue penciled as narrowly as possible in order to make the provisions valid and enforceable.
9. General Release. By entering this Contest, all participants and/or entrants agree to release Internet Order LLC, prize provider, and their affiliated companies and agents from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) and/or his/her/their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Contest including any injury or harm resulting from the use of the prize or any activity related thereto. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, outside of the manufacturer’s limited warranty.
10. Sponsor. The Pimsleur Approach Blog Contest is sponsored by, Internet Order, LLC, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Internet Order LLC will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials related to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact email@example.com.
29 Responses to “ Win An iPad! – Language Learning Blog Contest ”
Leave a Reply
- December Travel Roundup: Life at Home w/ Santa, Airport Chaos, Underwater Hotels & More
- International Food Week: Around the World in 80 Recipes
- International Food Week: The World’s Coolest Food Festivals
- International Food Week: European Foodie Crash Course
- International Food Week: The Best Street Eats from Around the World
- Food & Wine
- Foreign Films
- Foreign Language
- Foreign Literature
- Global Fitness
- Holiday Stories
- Language Expert Interviews
- Language History
- Language Learning
- Travel tips